Hi friends! I hope that you are doing well. We are doing pretty good around here. The sun has been out a lot and we've gotten to go outside a lot more.
Today, I'm sharing a recipe that has been a big favorite of mine and my oldest son. It's a vegetable, can you believe it? Brady gets so excited when I make a pan of this roasted cauliflower. The trick is to cook it until some parts are brown. Those brown spots give a great caramelized flavor and a little bit of crunch.
1 Bag Cauliflower Florets (or you can cut up your own head)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Line a cookie sheet with foil (for easier clean up) and dump a bag of cauliflower on it. The reason I buy the pre-cut is that breaking down a head of cauliflower takes a little bit of time and a bit of cleanup (read, tiny pieces of cauliflower ALL over my kitchen). I am usually trying to make dinner with helping the boys with homework and keeping the baby from climbing the stove so I take what help I can get.
3. Drizzle a bit of olive oil on your cauliflower. Then season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste.
4. Roast for 40 mins or until the cauliflower is soft and has some brown bits. You'll probably want to flip it half way through.
1. In the last 5 mins of roasting, drizzle balsamic vinegar on the cauliflower and turn the oven up to 425 degrees. Put it back in the over until vinegar evaporates.
2. After removing from hot oven, toss with lemon zest and a little lemon juice.
3. While hot, toss with parmesan cheese.
I hope you enjoy this simple dish! Have a wonderful day, friends!